Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Issue with Assets and uploading an image in IE

Hi there

Using latest version of Perch. Uploading an image via the assets manager, works like a charm in Chrome but just tried it in IE9 and this is what happens:

• after browsing for the image, locating it and clicking Upload it then comes up with a Open or Save message at the bottom of the browser which prevents the assets manager returning with the recently uploaded image.

• the image does get uploaded but you have to exit the page and go back to it to see the asset in the library.

Have attached a screenshot of the message that pops up: https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/02/05/img-ie.jpg

Rich

Rich Hemery

Rich Hemery 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What happens when you click the different Open / Save / Cancel options?

If I click Cancel, it does actually upload the image to Assets. However, the loading gif just spins forever and the asset library doesn't update. You have to leave the page then come back.

If I click Open or Save it brings up the Windows modal to open the file using a program of your choice and adds it to the Asset library too.

I am on a College network so I am not sure if it might be a security permissions thing - before this issue is looked into to?

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It might be best to check that first - at least that would narrow it down. You shouldn't get that upload field there - it should be a drop zone for dragging files in.

Hi, one of my clients is having the same issue on IE9 on their corporate network. I've tried on the same set up in my office (I can over ride our firewall), and I'm getting the same issue.

I've told the client to use Chrome or Firefox, as these both work as expected. But thought I'd report it.

Paul.