Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Dragged Images and Assets

We use Redactor to create our content, mostly because of its support for drag'n'drop images.

I am unclear how this process interacts with Perch Assets.

I assume once a page is Saved, images that have been dragged become Assets. Is it correct that an image only becomes an Asset after the page is saved?

Sometimes an editor will experiment with several images before finalizing and I want to be certain that the only images that become Assets are those present when he/she saves the page. We have many duplicates in our Assets and I'm trying to figure out how they occur.

Stefan Youngs

Stefan Youngs 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you clarify what you mean by drag and drop?

Redactor has a toolbar option to Place an image. Click the tool and you get a dialog to select an image via the Finder which will then drop into the cursor position on the page. All this occurs outside the Assets window and we don't get to title or tag the image before it gets onto the page. (we can do so late in Assets, but mostly our editors leave the title as is)

! [drag image] (https://aircrewremembered.com/drag.jpg)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Those are added to Assets when they're uploaded. After that point they're off the grid, as you're opting out of using structured content.

Thanks for the explanation. By 'off the grid' could you tell me what we're missing out on. I guess I don't know the precise meaning of 'structured content'

The nature of the way our editors work requires drag'n'drop

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support