Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration

Notice: undefined index...

When adding a category I used a hyphen and this was returned

Notice: Undefined index: in C:\xampp\htdocs\sites\popp\public\perch\core\lib\PerchTemplate.class.php on line 682 From debug

Array
(
    [type] => 8
    [message] => Undefined index: 
    [file] => C:\xampp\htdocs\sites\popp\public\perch\core\lib\PerchTemplate.class.php
    [line] => 682
)

Is this anything to worry about? I deleted the category, just in case.

Andy Clark

Andy Clark 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which version are you using?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How and where did you use a hyphen? Could you give an example?

I had a category called 'food & drink'. Then I edited it to be 'food-drink'. That's when the Notice popped up.

Don't know if this is related, getting a 500 server error. Last entry on error log is

[Tue Feb 17 16:02:23.715632 2015] [:error] [pid 6585] [client 2.139.113.123:53740] PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/home/andy/public/staging.popp-it.com/public/perch/resources/perch_blog.perch_events_categories6522f79fa4ca0b45abff508440ce0cc1.cache): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/andy/public/staging.popp-it.com/public/perch/addons/apps/perch_events/PerchEvents_Cache.class.php on line 53, referer: https://staging.popp-it.com/en/conil/events/archive.php?cat=food-drink

Unrelated to the server error. Everything okay now.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'll see if I can reproduce it.

The error in the log looks like it's due to your resources folder not having the right permissions for PHP to create files.