Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Runway

filter collections

Hi

After doing 2 bigger sites with runway i must say collections are such a great addition. One thing i would like to see especially for bigger sites is the ability to filter collections, i initially thought by letter but then thought maybe a id from the template, not sure but i know once you get a lot of items it becomes hard.

I understand that you can search in the sidebar.

Regards,

Brett

Brett Warne

Brett Warne 0 points

• 6 years ago

Brett, are you not able to filter Collections just the same as content regions? I thought all the functionality of perch_content_custom() was available in collections.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/runway/collections/

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you mean in the control panel, Brett? If so, yes, we have some really nice plans for implementing that. It's needed and we'll be adding it.

Ahhh, yes... I guess I should have realized he's looking for that functionality in admin. The search part of his question should have tipped me off

:)

Hi, sorry, should of stated in the admin. I am glad you are looking at this. Any plans to include blog searching in admin as well. Once you get hundreds of blogs finding one to update gets old really fast

Keep up the great work, you are making a good product great.

Cheers. Brett

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Searching in the sidebar should also turn up blog posts. Does that not work for you Brett?

Yes it does but when you have multiple collections in the 1000,s as well as hundreds of blogs it it really hard to filter the search results, this is a nice to have as it will really only be an issue in really big sites

Regards,

Brett