Forum

Thread tagged as: Add-on-development, Members

Member Tags

Hi, 3 Suggestions for members, relating to Tags:

Requiring the Editor to type the tag every time can cause them to type it in wrongly, or cause them to have to go back and look up a previous Tag. To prevent admin Editor error, I think it would be better if:

1) When adding a Tag to a Member you can 'create new', or 'chose from a list of existing tags'.

2) When restricting pages to Tags, to be bale to 'chose from a list of existing tags'.

Lastly, I have a client who wants to create pages specific to individual members. In this instance it would be helpful to:

3) Restrict a page by Member email rather than Tag.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We have plans to implement the tag controls from Blog in Members.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Thanks, but Blog Tags seem to require individual typing each time too. Am I missing something?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sorry, not Blog, Assets.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Ah, yes I see.

Though when adding new Assets, there still isn't a list of existing Tags, you need to guess the first letter to see any existing tags.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's correct, yes.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

I think that it would be great if it could be a multi select list, as with Categories. So the editor can click on the field to see the list to chose from, rather than being required to remember what letter the tag started with.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

They are supposed to be tags rather than categories, but we'll give it some thought.

Hello, is there any update on member tags as a multi select list? As Simon explained, it's easy to mistype a tag or forget all existing tags. A multi select list would be safer and faster.

Hello again, any update on member tags as a multi select list?