Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Deleting page revisions data after page deletion

I have a site with properties listed. Each property has its own page, with multiple content areas, created via a master page in Perch. This data is fed through to another site's property portal.

However, when a page is permanently deleted, the page (property) data is seemingly retained as revisions data in the database, even though the page is no longer listed in Perch admin. Is that correct?

This is causing problems with the property portal feed. How long does Perch store the revisions data? and can I remove it when the page/property is permanently deleted?

Clive Walker

Clive Walker 22 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You have to delete regions to delete a page. Are you saying that deleting a region doesn't remove the associated content properly? Which version?

Yes, the regions were deleted, followed by the page. I have searched the database and there are still eight items in the perch2_content_items table. These have different itemRev values. Should these have been deleted?

It's Perch 2.7.4 but I will update to 2.7.10 next week. Do you expect that to improve this?

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I would've expected them to be deleted, so I'll take a look into it.

Would it be OK if I delete these rows directly from the database using PHPMyAdmin? For one specific property, there are eight revisions remaining in the database, in perch2_content_items and in perch2_content_index tables.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, that would be fine - just make a backup first.