Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

2.8.26 Upgrade: stuck at repeating login

Updated Perch from 2.8.23 to 2.8.26 on my staging site. The login page shows, and when details are entered, the login page is re-presented, and this behaviour repeats itself following additional attempts. Re-installing the 2.8.23 core returns to typical login and and admin page.

Debug:

[1] SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='34df947f3273ed7c7614ba7c6d3ce9dd' LIMIT 1
[26] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Queries: 2
Memory: 0.8763
John Rose

John Rose 6 points

• 5 years ago

Have you seen the note at the bottom of the update page?

Note: if you can’t log in after updating, go to /perch/core/update in your browser so the updater can run. Then you’ll be able to log in.

Try that?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That'd be my guess, too.

Thank you. I had run that.

To be certain that the problem persisted, with admin open I just now upgraded and was able to upgrade successfully. The Health Check below shows this. However, on log out and subsequent log in, the original problem returned.

By rolling that back to 2.8.23, I'm then able to log in as before.

Also, upgrade to 2.8.26 was successful on my dev server, and no problems with log-in.

HEALTH CHECK

Perch is up to date
PHP 5.6.18 is up to date
MySQL 5.6.23-cll-lve is up to date
Image processing available
SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.26, PHP: 5.6.18, MySQL: 5.6.23, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.26), assets (2.8.26), categories (2.8.26), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_members (1.4)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', 'perch_members', ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/wtowersa/public_html/testing/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/wtowersa/public_html/testing/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/wtowersa/public_html/testing/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 128M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/wtowersa/public_html/testing
HTTP_HOST: testing.willamettetowers.com
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What error do you get when you try to log in?

I don't get an error at log in. The cursor simply resets to username.

The debug is the same as the first entry in this post.

I have run perch/core/update and perch/core/update/ on the log in page with the same result- cursor resets to username.

The error log at hosting is blank.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is it logging you in and bouncing you back out?

I have no sense of being logged in and then bounced back out. There is no flash or other indication at the log in page, just a quick re-set of the log in with the cursor in Username.

When running 2.8.23, this is my debug:

Debug Message
SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Queries: 1

and when running 2.8.26, another line appears (I don't know if this is relevant):

Debug Message
[1] SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='78cda3a0aac11e0b27dbb8dc8e9adbf7' LIMIT 1
[26] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Queries: 2

Are there host logs that I should check?

Thank you...

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is that debug the same before and after login?

This is before login:

SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0

and this following:

Debug Message [1] SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='520a0071b338f4df2f3481985160cc85' LIMIT 1 [26] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's really odd as I knows who you are: u.userID=1

Upgrade to 2.8.27 went fine. No idea what that was about. Running PHP 5.6.18

Still, appreciate all your help!

This problem continued to pester me.

As a precaution at update, probably when updating from version 2.23, I had re-named the "core" file "core_old", then installed an updated version of "core". The login problem ensued.

When I removed this file, the repeating login problem went away and I updated to the current version.