Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

Login error on local XAMPP

Hi, I am suddenly unable to login to Perch (Runway) on my XAMPP server. I was logged in all last night, and now I can't. Not sure what I did.

The login screen comes up correctly, and when I input my name and password I get this error message: Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain. Log into your Perch account and add the following as your live or testing domain: taylorsyfan.local

However, my license key is set for the correct domain (I've triple-checked). Is there some manual way to reset the license key? Should I try that, and if so, how would I do that?

Note: this is my first foray into Perch Runway, so I may have done something strange in the initial setup.

Lindsay Masten

Lindsay Masten 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The license key you are activating against isn't the one which is configured against that license. Make sure you have copied the correct key from your account.

Hi Rachel, thanks for the help.

That's a little weird since the same license key worked fine yesterday when I set the XAMPP server up and initially logged in successfully. Is there any way to check which key is configured in my current setup? I've copy-and-pasted a few times direct from my Perch login, so I know the key I'm inputting is correct.

The only change I can think of is I upgraded a Perch Runway dev license to regular Runway late last night.

ETA screenshots

alt text for image

alt text for image

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you upgraded the key you need to replace the key in your config with the new one.

I changed the license key in the perch/config/config.php as (sort of) directed here https://docs.grabaperch.com/runway/upgrading/ but it's still not working.

Ok, I figured it out. There was an invisible character in my config file that was getting pasted in when I copied the updated license key from my Perch account page.

Thanks for being so responsive in the face of an inane question. :)