Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Installation

Can't complete setup yet sessions appear enabled

Hi,

Can't get the setup form to complete. Fill in all the details click submit and the form clears :(

Have run the perchtest app which passed and have ensured sessions are enabled by running the code snippet in this article https://dodona.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/how-can-i-check-if-php-on-my-webserver-supports-sessions/

pulling hair out :(

is there any logging or anything ??

Thanks in advance

Ed

Edward Sparkes

Edward Sparkes 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you have any rewrite rules in place on your server?

Hey, thanks for fast reply. Don't think so? My server is the basic php server on mac osx.

Thanks, Ed

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are there any errors in your error log?

Hi,

Sorry which error log?

have manually put some config in config.php and now i get to a login screen but with an error "There's a problem with connecting to the database. Please check your settings."

I have checked my settings and set PERCH_ERROR_MODE to ECHO but not sure where to check logs :)

Ed

Doh,

going to bed now, no luck, should my config.php be empty? I have tried varying combinations of variables defined in there and cant get it to work. Nothing sensible in my php logs

Ed

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

No your config should not be empty but if you are not getting past the first page Perch has had no chance to create the config file or give you the settings to create it. Manually adding config is not going to help you as Perch won't create the database tables.

You need to find out where PHP is logging errors, that is nothing to do with Perch. I don't know anything about the Mac PHP server so you would need to check the docs and find out where it logs errors.

OK, start again, i will try and get setup using vagrant perch instead :)

Ed