Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

User with restricted roles cannot create sub pages

Hello,

I have an editor role set up that has both 'Add New Pages' and 'Add Top Level Pages' checked. However when logged in as the editor Perch does not allow the creation of sub pages, only allows top level pages.

The only page specific checkboxes unchecked are:

Configure page settings Delete master pages Configure master pages Create navigation groups Delete navigation groups

Any ideas?

Tony Astley

Tony Astley 0 points

• 4 years ago

Update, even with ALL page specific checkboxes checked the editor cannot create sub pages.

Update 2. ALL privilege checkboxes are checked and editor cannot create sub pages. Every option apart from the 'Top Level' option is ghosted out in the parent page drop down menu.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What permissions have been set on the parent page?

Wasn't aware there was a restriction at page level. That has resolved it. Is there a way to default this to 'Everyone' can create sub pages on master pages?

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi Tony, I had this question come up today also, interestingly.

Now you have the required checkboxes ticked for Pages in Settings, all new pages should have the permissions you're after.

For all existing pages that currently don't allow your users to create sub pages, you can go to:

Users > Roles, then click on the role, eg 'Editor' then click the 'Actions' tab. Here you can select 'Grant role permission create new subpages of all current pages' then click 'Make changes'. This will grant the permission for your user to add sub pages to all current pages too.

I hope that helps.

Cool thanks.