Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Forms

error after perch 2.82 and forms 1.82

Hi updated and are getting this error when a form is submitted, the form is still appearing in the backend

notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/mysite/perch/core/lib/api/PerchAPI_Base.class.php on line 19

Have you seen this before, form was working fine with 1.81

Regards,

Brett

Brett Warne

Brett Warne 0 points

• 6 years ago

After testing it happens with the perch 2.82 update with both forms 1.81 and 1.82, if i take perch back to 2.7.10 it is fine,

Was there any changes top the way the form app works in 2.82

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We're talking a look.

Hi

Any update on this

Regards

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We've not been able to reproduce this or find anyone else with the issue.

Can you show me the full debug output when the notice occurs?

I have this same issue. I was initially working with a form with no editable content so I included it as per the instructions here: https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/form/page-functions/ but then changed it to be editable and moved the template into the content folder. Working locally using mamp.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/iamkeir/Sites/stylish-steel/admin/core/lib/api/PerchAPI_Base.class.php on line 19

This is my debug message:

Debug Message SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='230c053cc2bc1d8478d89dda58db9150' LIMIT 1 UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='6ce8ffe6431bd2fbec04a2a2de7b2d30' WHERE userID=1 SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID SELECT * FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionID=12 LIMIT 1 SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pageID='4' LIMIT 1 SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=12 AND itemRev=1 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=12 AND itemRev=1 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC Using template: /templates/content/contact-form.html Form not posted or did not validate Queries: 9 Memory: 3.4746

I am having a similar problem. Running Perch 2.8.2 with Forms App 1.8.2.

Sending a test email works fine, sending a contact form inputs the message into Perch admin, but neither the auto response email or the email to the receiving email for the site work.

Have used the exact same settings, same contact form template/php as another Perch site hosted at same ISP on same server using same PHP/SQL etc. That one works fine but uses Perch 2.7.5.

Have checked with ISP and its not a spam filter or other reason.

Along with Catagories bug I am wondering if this is an issue connected with Perch 2.8.2.

I'm seeing the same problem and also see that everything is fine if I revert back to Perch 2.7.10.

Also having the same problem, form submits correctly, success message appears but get the error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in/Axial/Development/axial-stage-1/perch/core/lib/api/PerchAPI_Base.class.php on line 19

Working locally on MAMP, haven't tested it live yet. Running Perch 2.8, Forms App 1.8.2.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

See if Forms 1.8.3 helps with this.

That's it fixed! Thanks!

Hi Drew

I can confirm that the 1.83 update has fixed the error, i had 5 sites that had the error and they are all working correctly now.

Thanks

Brett

It did not fix my issues, but I had a sudden brainwave.

My issue was due to the email address field selected under the "Sending email" section of the form options. I had erroneously chosen "name" instead of "email", this stopped both the auto response and enquiry from sending.

Now fixed.

Just posting in case anyone else has this problem.

Yep that fixed it thanks!