Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Api

RESTful API

First I have to confess, I'm absolutely new to Perch. I just dropped into a Perch based project. Currently I'm trying to find a solid way to fetch Perch data into a frontend app. My favourite solution would be a RESTful API.

I'm thinking of something like this to receive JSON data from Perch:

# get some news articles
/perch/api/v1/news/

# get news ordered by date DESC with limit and offset
/perch/api/v1/news/?limit=5&offset=15

# get a specific article
/perch/api/v1/articles/42/

# get articles by tag
/perch/api/v1/articles?tag=foo

In the forums I found an easy way to render JSON from Perch. AJAX and JSON with perch

This might be a good starting point to write a simple API on my own. But I'm sure I'm not the first one looking for a RESTful API and thus I'm pretty sure somebody out there already has a great solution for my problem, right?!

I really, really appreciate any hint!

René Keller

René Keller 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Wow Rachel — that was really, really quick! And it sounds like the perfect answer to the requirements I'm currently facing: We have an existing Perch website (and a client that is a happy Perch user) but need to feed other channels with Perch-edited content.

Is there a rough plan on when Perch 3 Runway will arrive?

BTW/off topic.: Some time ago I attended your talk about CSS grid layouts at front/> conference Zurich. Great lecture, good memories! Thanks for it!

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We are currently in Beta, we don't announce release dates as we are keen to ship without issues :) however we're fairly well through the process at this point.

That was a while ago - and CSS Grid has just shipped today into Firefox! :)

Yay! Great news in double pack! =D Really looking forward to Perch 3! Thanks for the quick response and your help, Rachel!