Forum

Thread tagged as: Error

Perch Upgrade Errors - Version 2.4.9 to 2.8.2

Hullo,

Just updated a site from 2.4.9 to 2.8.2 and got a handful of errors on the live server. Strangely, updating the identical-but-local copy of the site produced no errors.

I've accepted the errors and continued, and do not see any obvious issues, but thought I'd post the messages for a second look.

Any cause for concern here? Thanks!

Software Update

The following error occurred:
ALTER TABLE `perch2_categories` CHANGE `catDisplayPath` `catDisplayPath` CHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'kneadphy_cms.perch2_categories' doesn't exist

DROP INDEX `idx_uni` ON `perch2_resource_log`
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'kneadphy_cms.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist

ALTER IGNORE TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD UNIQUE INDEX `idx_uni` (`appID`, `itemFK`, `itemRowID`, `resourceID`)
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'kneadphy_cms.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist
Richard Terrick

Richard Terrick 3 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do those tables now exist? Do you get any errors if you run the update again?

/perch/core/update/?force=update

Hey Drew,

Sorry on the slow reply. I've compared the local DB (which produced no errors on update) against the live one (which produced the errors listed above), and can't see any obvious discrepancies. The perch2_categories and perch2_resource_log tables both exist.

I re-ran the update as suggested on the live site (this is after running it the first time, getting the above errors, and clicking the "That's OK, update anyway" link) -- this time I didn't get any error messages or warnings.

Are there any other details I could provide, or do you think I'm okay here?

Cheers

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think you're probably ok!