Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Forms

Contact Form

Hello. Am I able to test the form through local host? I tried sending a test form and I wasn't getting a success message/ record wasn't appearing the perch backend.

Also I have a drop down select area in my form, is there any way to set the first the first option as blank?

At the minute I have the following:

<perch:label>Device:</perch:label> <perch:input id="device" type="select" required="true" label="Device" options="Not Sure, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+" />

Instead of showing 'Not Sure' could it be blank instead forcing the user click the drop down to select an option?

Many Thanks Joshua

Joshua McGinn Sheridan

Joshua McGinn Sheridan 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

1. Yes - you would need to set up a local mailserver or use something like MailTrap https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/email-testing-with-mailtrap

2. It looks as if that field is required=true. So the user would have to make a selection. If you want a blank value just start your string with a comma.

Thanks Rachel that done the trick.

Any ideas for making the form send and the success message appearing without refreshing the page?

Regards Joshua

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you want to submit the form without refreshing the page, you'll need to make the HTTP request via JavaScript. That's down to your front end code rather than anything Perch can help with.