Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Redactor

Latest Redactor update

The new redactor update has added an html button (great thanks!!) but it still doesn't output images if they are directly uploaded within it. It is still outputting an image as [cms:asset 364 title="image"] Is there any way to output this as the image itself as Redactor used to do in Version 1? Its pretty confusing to clients dealing with images in this way.

Rob Saunders

Rob Saunders 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, you'd need to implement your own version if you want unmanaged content.

Ok, its a shame when updates take a step backwards...V1 seemed much better, its not really WYSIWYG anymore.

I've also noticed it seems to be outputting blank paragraphs. So for example:

<perch:if exists="text">
            <perch:content id="text" type="textarea" label="Text" html="true" editor="redactor" imagewidth="1200" bucket="content"  />
</perch:if>

Seems to ignore the perch:if statement if nothing is entered and outputs a blank paragraph...any reason for this? This was working fine before the update to Perch v3.1

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You view it as a step backwards, but your assets are now managed and reusable, so it's a significant step forwards. If you don't want that functionality, you can very easily implement your own editor and you're back to exactly where you were. So nothing has moved backwards.

Do you have an answer for the blank paragraphs?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you view source in Redactor, are there blank paragraphs? If it's putting those in there, then Perch will see them as content.

Yep there are blank paragraphs when viewing source. If I delete them and save and then view source again they are still there. How do I get rid of them?

As a current work around it seems if you click the view source button 4 times, so view source, view standard editor and back again the blank paragraphs disappear. This is fine for me to do to sort things at the moment but obviously not something editors should be expected to do.

Hi Rob

I have experienced some similar issues with latest, but now don't see extra paras output

If you had additional items pertaining to redactor V2 you may need to remove any old redactor 2 content from addons/plugins/editors

and fyi 3.1 templates have slightly different coding requirements so you don't need html="true", just html

<perch:content id="text" type="textarea" label="Text" html editor="redactor" imagewidth="640" imageheight="480" />

I hope this helps

Thanks Charlie, do you know what changed for you to stop seeing the blank output?

I've got nothing in addons/plugins/editors.

Will update template as you suggest and see if that helps, but it should be backwards compatible right? Otherwise I have to update loads of instances of redactor across all the sites using it if I want to update...

Cheers!

Hi Rob, to be honest I am rubbish at troubleshooting/recording 'how the hell did I fix that'! Initially I had no toolbar showing in new V3 redactor, which is why I went and checked/cleared out old redactor 2 toolbar customisations. I also noticed, like you, phantom paragraphs. I changed my template and it seemed to work. Yes I understood that templates should be backward compatible so I'm not sure what else to suggest. :(