Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

Runway 3 Import Questions

Been having a play with the new import functionality and just wanted a couple of quick clarifications.

I'm moving content from Events app to Collections. I'm able to import 'ordinary' stuff like text and textblocks. My questions are about slugs, maps and images and how Perch treats each of them.

Slugs - if I have a 'slug for' region for a Title in the importing collection template, do I need to import a slug or will one be generated (or can I generate one in retrospect?

Maps - if I'm able to export all the maps json data and set up the import script will Perch accept that?

Images - similar to maps. If I'm making no changes to existing images in assets (and am able to export/import the image data for items), is that enough or is there an additional control registration elsewhere in Perch that will or won't see it?

Robert Sinclair

Robert Sinclair 4 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You need to import the slugs yourself - we presume that you'll have them, or could generate desirable ones in that context.

Maps, I'll need to look into that.

Image fields take a path to the image original. The rest should be handled internally.

Sorry a bit trigger happy with the solution button, image fields aren't playing.

So I should be able to feed this path:

/perch/resources/venue-image/aymestrey-village-hall-main-image.jpg

into the collection template

<perch:content id="venueimage" type="image" label="Venue Image" bucket="venue-image" width="500" />

Just ends up in 'null' in the collection item in the database at the moment. Am I missing something?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Hmm, ok, you'll have to leave it with me to investigate.

+1, I'm having the same issue importing images. Also wondering, is it possible to import repeaters?