Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration

Multiple resource buckets loading problem

I'm coming up with a problem for a list and detail product page whereby I need multiple resource buckets but as the editor completes the page the next resource bucket does not load only the last bucket remains unless you save between each resource added which you can't if if more than one resource is required="true"

For example a small section of the template requires a PDF file and a PDF thumbnail image.

<perch:if exists="pdfs">
<div class="pdf-block">
<h3>PDF Downloads</h3>
<perch:before><ul class="pdflist"></perch:before>
<perch:repeater id="pdfs" label="PDF Downloads" divider-before="PDF downloads">
<li class="pdfitem">
<a href="<perch:content id="pdf" type="file" label="PDF File" required="true" bucket="PDFs" order="1" help="Upload a PDF file" />" title="<perch:content type="text" id="pdfname" label="File Name" title="true" order="3" help="Name this PDF file something useful" />">

<perch:if exists="pdfimage">
<perch:content id="pdfimage" type="image" height="100" crop="true" output="tag" label="Thumbnail image" bucket="PDFThumb" help="Upload a JPEG image to act as a PDF preview to click on" order="3" /></a>
<perch:else />
Download PDF <perch:content type="text" id="pdfname" label="File Name" title="true" order="3" help="Name this PDF file something useful" /> </a>
</perch:if>

</li>
</perch:repeater>
<perch:after></ul></perch:after>
</div>
</perch:if>
  1. The editor first selects/uploads a PDF file
  2. PDF bucket opens - Good.
  3. Editor selects/uploads the PDF. Good.
  4. Next the editor selects selects/uploads a PDF thumbnail image.
  5. PDF bucket opens again - Bad.
  6. If the editor tries to select the PDFThumb bucket nothing is found.
  7. OK editor goes back and save the original PDF - if the PDF Thumbnail image is required="true" he can't and losses it. So remove required="true" go to 7.
  8. If the editor saves between each file added the bucket name/list will appear correctly.

This problem persists if editing a completed template. I you save between each bucket save will it work with multiple buckets.

Is this a bug or just me?

David Owen

David Owen 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is the wrong bucket name displayed, or the wrong bucket actually used?

It's the wrong bucket (with it's image list) It sticks to the last bucket used unless you make a save at some point which corrects it but then sticks again.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

OK, we'll take a look.

I was just about to open a ticket about this. Having the exact same issue.