Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation, Configuration

Homepage always redirects to login

Hello,

I've spent the last few hours installing Perch runway to evaluate for my company. Setup was a little clunky but I got there in the end, I also installed the shop plugin - fine.

What I've been struggling with is finding out how I can get the home page to display. Whenever I navigate to the site in a separate icognito window I just get presented with the login form. It seems as though the site is in 'development' mode or something like that..

I have managed to get other pages working that are not at the root of the site - that's fine. I suspect there's dare I say it, some kind of bug in perch runway or I've missed something in the documentation?

Here's some tech details: Perch installed on debian, with php5.6.3 in:

# Perch Runway
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/perch
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule .* /core/runway/start.php [L]

Dir listing to make it a bit easier:

root@dev-db:/var/www/html# ls
    addons  config  core  index.php  old-setup  perch  resources  runtime.php  runway_v3.0.zip  templates (and .htaccess)

I did initially have everything under perch - but that didn't work either. I've also investigated rewritelog etc. I'm at a complete loss and it's killing me not knowing what's wrong at this early stage.. I'm assuming it's just a 'make site live' switch or something in the admin panel?

Homepage location in admin is /
    Parent page is: Top level
    Routes is empty.

I added content to the regions.

Perch Runway: 3.0, PHP: 5.6.30-0+deb8u1, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0), assets (3.0), categories (3.0), perch_shop_orders (1.1), perch_shop_products (1.1), perch_shop (1.1), perch_members (1.6)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_members', 'perch_shop', ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH:
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/html
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/html/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/html/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 2M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: 192.168.171.222
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/html
REQUEST_URI: /core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Thanks for your help, John.

John Hunt

John Hunt 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You need to copy the perch folder into the root of your site.

Given the paths, it looks like you haven't done that.

The entire perch folder needs to be in the root of your website. You can rename it if you like, but it needs to be there exactly as shipped.