Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Blog post type posting to wrong section

Hi there,

Just update to the most recent perch as well as updating the blog to the most recent version.

I have a setup whereby a user can post to two different blog sections and I updated the blog as perviously you couldn't select the post type prior to writing the post.

The problem arises when I select my post type - i.e. 'Worksouts' from the post type dropdown. I enter my post data, then hit save. Instead of appearing in the 'workout-diary' section under 'sections' I now see it's made a new section called 'posts' which now shows the count of 1. I added another test one to confirm and the 'posts' section count went to 2.

I also tested posting to another section and it's doing the same thing...

Is there a reason it would no longer be posting to the selected section?

Please let me know if you need any of my code.

Mathew Doidge

Mathew Doidge 2 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Post types aren't the same as sections - you can mix different types within one section.

Hi Drew,

Apologies I was getting confused there. I see the sections part has moved into the meta tab.

I am still getting an odd behaviour though.

I have two post types an two sections. Only one of the sections appears to be working. Posting to my 'news' section isn't actually increase the post count and pulling it out on the website. Yet posting to my other section works fine. I see no visible errors in the debug.

I can't seem to see why nothing would be appearing. I deleted the newly appeared 'posts' section which has not re-appeared but I wonder if that has something to do with the problems.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There are a few known bugs with the meta tab currently - it could be related to those.

Drew McLellan said:

There are a few known bugs with the meta tab currently - it could be related to those.

Ok I will roll back to the previous version of the blog for the moment and keep an eye on updates.