Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Hosting

Moving Database to Another Hosting

We currently have a testing site on our own hosting with a Perch database and we need to move this to our client's hosting provider. We are currently having trouble uploading the files and database to the new hosting. Do you know why this is happening? Many thanks

John Robinson

John Robinson 0 points

• 4 years ago

Hi John,

This is a useful run through of migrating a Perch build, might be of interest to you:

https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/building/servers/how-do-i-move-a-perch-site/

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi John,

You should be able to upload files via FTP and database via Control Panel/PHPmyAdmin so it's probably a question to be directed to the new hosting provider, but they'll probably need a bit more info.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We are currently having trouble uploading the files and database to the new hosting. Do you know why this is happening?

Not without details. What trouble are you having?

It's mostly the files we are having problems with uploading to our new server. We've tried to download them locally in order to upload them to the new site, but the Perch files just transfer as empty folders once local. The site is built on a live subdomain on our own hosting, but I think moving the files to our new hosting is most of the problem. Is it possible to download the existing Perch files locally using XAMPP in order to upload them to the new server?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think this is possibly something you should be asking your host about. If you can't upload files to your hosting, that's not a Perch-related issue.

Thanks for your help on this, we've managed to resolve the problem.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Great!