Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Events

Ordinary user can't create an event - Perch 3/Events 1.9.5

Hi, I've given the 'Editor' role the 'Access Events' privilege but they don't get an 'Add Event' button on the Events listing screen. Only admins get the button. The only other privilege visible on the Roles screen is 'Manage Categories'

I had a quick look and I can't see the 'perch_events.create' privilege being added anywhere but it is required for the button to appear.

Paul Ellis

Paul Ellis 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Could you post your diagnostics?

Line 9 of list.post.php has the button requiring the perch_events.create privilege, that privilege is not in my perch3_user_privileges table.

Here is my diagnostics:

Perch: 3.0, PHP: 5.4.45, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, litespeed
Installed apps: content (3.0), assets (3.0), categories (3.0), perch_blog (5.5), perch_events (1.9.5), perch_forms (1.9)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ "perch_events", "perch_blog", "perch_forms" ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /home/rrsingers/public_html/admin
PERCH_CORE: /home/rrsingers/public_html/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/rrsingers/public_html/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 256M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 64M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: richardroddissingers.org.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/rrsingers/public_html
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ah yes, ok, that's one we've picked up on.

If you like, you can add this to your config.php file and it'll be added for you:

define('PERCH_PRIV_ASSIST', true);

It's not completely clear why that define is needed so I figure I'd ask... I take it there's an update for Events that is coming out that will fix this and that config.php entry is needed to enable the fix once Events is update?

Also, any concerns with temporarily modifying list.post.php so that 'perch_events.create' and 'perch_events.delete' are just 'perch_events' so that Editors can create & delete in the meantime? Or does that violate some type of terms & conditions?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

@Jesse if you have a problem you need to start your own thread with details - thanks!