Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

Repeaters in Related Items

Is it possible to have Repeaters with Related Items. Can't seem to display the Repeater content, just everything else outside.?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think so - what are you doing, and in which version?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

Runway 3, I have a collection of tabbed/accordion panels

<div class="tabbedarea">
<h3><perch:content id="tabtitle" type="text" label="Tabs Title" title="true"/></h3>
<div class="contentbreak"><div id="tabbedpanels<perch:content id="perch_item_index" type="hidden"/>"><perch:repeater id="tabbedpanelsarea" label="Tabbed Panel"><h3><perch:content id="tabtitle" type="text" label="Tab Title"/></h3><div><perch:content id="tabbedcontent" type="textarea" label="Tabbed Content" editor="ckeditor" html="true" size="xs" imagewidth="640" imageheight="480"/> </div></perch:repeater> </div></div>
</div>

Then when I want to choose a set of FAQs on a page, I'm using

<perch:related id="faqslists" collection="FAQs" label="FAQ List">
<div class="tabbedarea>
<h3><perch:content id="tabtitle" type="text" label="Tabs Title"/></h3>
<div class="contentbreak"><div id="tabbedpanels<perch:content id="perch_item_index" type="hidden"/>"><perch:repeater id="tabbedpanelsarea" label="Tabbed Panel"><h3><perch:content id="tabtitle" type="text" label="Tab Title"/></h3><div><perch:content id="tabbedcontent" type="textarea" label="Tabbed Content" editor="ckeditor" html="true" size="xs" imagewidth="640" imageheight="480"/> </div></perch:repeater> </div></div>
</div>
</perch:related>
Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

In fact when I select a collection to add, I am also presented with the ability to add new repeating content.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So which part isn't working, and what do you get?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

At the moment the page displays each different 'tabtitle' items but with no tabs. In the admin, I have the ability to add new repeatable 'Tabbed Panels' instead of returning the existing ones which are in the collections. Subsequently, if I add something to these 'new' repeaters, they display identically same under each different 'tabtitle'.

Not sure if this makes sense.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'm afraid I'm completely lost. Can you do a screenshot?

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

Yeah, I would have been confused!...

alt text for image

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Oh! Ok. Yes, that's very wrong.

We'll get it fixed.

Richard Lowe

Richard Lowe 0 points
Registered Developer

Thanks Drew, don't rush, seriously, you both work too hard.