Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Assets not showing in Perch

I am having an issue with Assets on a client site.

The Assets panel is not showing all the assets. I can see the images in the various 'buckets' folders and the buckets.php config looks fine.

I notice on the content region that the thumbnail image section does not show the image info e.g. name and size for those that are missing in the Assets panel.

This client site is currently running Perch v2.7.8

I had previously downloaded a backup of the entire site and the database and run it up on a dev domain to do some design upgrades and then copied everything back to live so I can only thing something has happened in that process that has caused an issue. I have checked the configs and all looks ok. It seems that the older assets have lost their association in some way? Not sure how or why.

Any pointers?

Neil Duddridge

Neil Duddridge 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Let us know if this is still a problem once you're running the latest version.

Ok, I've done that on the dev domain. Upgrading to latest version doesn't resolve the issue.

To add some more info to this. In the Assets panel, when I do a search I can find the 'missing' images.

These same images do not show in the View, View by Type, View by Bucket

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What about in the Assets app?

If you add new assets, do they appear?

Yeah they appear fine.

I think by you asking that has actually, perhaps, answered my question. The older 'assets' existed before the Assets app was introduced.. I think. However, how is it that I can search and find them within the Assets app though?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you try going to this URL?

/perch/core/apps/assets/reindex/

Ok, tried that, should I just get a plain white page? Or should I be seeing some progress/completed message?

I've looked back in Perch and nothing has changed

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There's nothing to see. Does anything update within the Assets app?

Nothing at all from what I can see. It's not a huge deal as I've told the client how to use the search in the Assets panel should they ever need to get at the older images. New images getting uploaded are showing fine.

So should the Assets reindex bring in all assets in /resources and bucket folders for assets uploaded both post and pre Assets app?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, only indexed resources - nothing is imported from the folder, only from the resources that have been added through Perch.

Thanks Drew.

Well, all the images in question would have been uploaded via Perch pre and post Assets app to the various configured buckets. From your comments I would assume buckets are indexed resources?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Not necessarily.

If you use a 'missing' asset in content, does it then start to show up without prompting?

Everything from a front end perspective looks fine and you can see the images that are missing in the Assets app appearing fine in the content regions.

Not sure where else to go here. I will see if I can replicate this situation somehow. Like I said previously for this particularly client setup is not a major issue.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. Let us know if we can help.