Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Hosting

Hosting issue

Hello. I have hosted my website that I built with perch cms on Blacknight. However as you can see if you visit the live domain www.iphonerepair.ie, the regions page titles meta data etc are not appearing on the pages. I have been been back and forth with the engineers and they say it seems like a problem with the cms. I have included the response from the blacknight engineer regarding the issue below.

Some points of note: Errors There may be errors triggering in the Perch CMS system, which are not showing on the front-end/dashboard - you will need to debug the system to see if this is the case, refer to the following: https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/installing-perch/configuration/debug/ https://help.blacknight.com/entries/22936826-turning-on-php-error-logging Paths The 'config.php' files sets paths, on-the-fly, as 'constants', as follows: (1) PERCH_PATH: C:\CustomerData\webspaces\webspace_00171341\wwwroot\iphonerepair.ie\perch (2) PERCH_CORE: C:\CustomerData\webspaces\webspace_00171341\wwwroot\iphonerepair.ie\perch\core (3) PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\CustomerData\webspaces\webspace_00171341\wwwroot\iphonerepair.ie\perch\resources (4) PERCH_RESPATH: /perch/resources (5) PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch Items 1-3 are correct, where perhaps 4-5 are not? You will need to investigate if this is the case. Note: Some PHP based softwares rely on 'Linux' based paths and can often have issue working with Windows paths - this though may not be the issue here. Database I see that you have setup the tables for this installation in another domain's/Site Application's database - this is not suggested where if you remove the Site Application at some point in the furture, you will also remove the data for this installation. You should create another separate database, for the intended domain, and place the CMS data in that database - and update the config file to reflect. You can create another database under: More Services >> Databases. Licence Key This may not be the issue, but perhaps the licence key - when issued, was built based on the URL in use at the time; perhaps the URL in use at the time, on your local machine, was different to the main URL (domain) in use now on the live system. If this is the case, where it is required that the licence key reflects the actual URL in use, you will need to regenerate it for the live system. Windows Hosting Perhaps the Perch CMS system is not compatible with Windows based hosting - or at least, some modules/functions may not be enabled/present on our Windows Shared hosting servers. If this is the case, you will need to install the Perch CMS system on Linux based hosting. Lastly as there are no errors apparent on the server, and since the Perch CMS system is third party software, you will need to investigate as to why the system is not functioning on our servers.

Joshua McGinn Sheridan

Joshua McGinn Sheridan 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Did you get a pass from the Compatibility Test for this server?

It is available here and is the first thing to check: https://grabaperch.com/requirements

If yes, then we need to see your Diagnostic Report from inside the Perch Admin under Settings.

If you moved this site from somewhere else then we would need to know how you moved the installation.

Hello Rachel yes I did the compatibility check and it passed with no issues. How would I get the diagnostic report? If I try to login into perch via www.iphonerepair.ie/perch, I get the following message - you do not have permission to view this directory or page.

Regards Joshua

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

That sounds like a simple permissions issue on the server then rather than anything to do with Perch.

There are plenty of people running Perch on IIS, so the generic message given to you by your hosting company about paths isn't relevant.

I suggested a permissions issue to the hosting company and they say this isn't the case. If I could pass the FTP details on would a perch engineer be able to look at the files and see if this could be resolved.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The error message states that this is a permissions issue, that error doesn't come from Perch but the web server so you really do need to speak with the host.