Forum

Thread tagged as: Api, Shop

shop paypal

hi, I want to have the product description use an MarkItUp text editor. edit_post.php used api function

$Form->textarea_field('productDescShortRaw', 'Details Short(max)', isset($details['productDescShortRaw'])?$details['productDescShortRaw']:false);   

should I remove this function call, and add it to product.html?

<perch:content id="Description" type="textarea" label="Description" markdown="true" editor="markitup" required="true" />

tony

Tony Monckton

Tony Monckton 0 points

• 5 years ago
Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi Tony, you shouldn't have to edit the App code to change the editor. Just edit the product.html template

(move your shop templates to /perch/templates/shop/ first, so they don't get overwritten when you update Shop in the future)

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Also worth noting that if this is a new build, the PayPal Shop app is now deprecated in favour of the new Shop app.

https://shop.perchcms.com/

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Absolutely.

And don't forget to use perch:shop tags rather than perch:content.

Hi Simon,

I currently using the old Shop-Paypal version, and I'd like to migrate it to use the new shop...

how can I do this, without having to add all the products to the new shop...

tony

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We don't currently have any method of importing products from one to the other. In the future we may well add an importer for products generally (from csv), this is on the roadmap but doesn't have a date assigned to it yet.