Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Installation

Perch development system

Hi

Having done some test developments with Perch over the last couple of months. I then added a clean install to start the development of the live site. At this stage I found I could no longer access my existing development site. I have now purchased another licence so that I may continue to run my "play area".

Questions.

The licence form requires a Live Domain to be completed. There will never be one attached to the development system licence shall I just make up a dummy entry?

My development system is on a local server on port 81 and my new install is on the same server on port 82. How do I fill in the licence form? xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:81?

Many thanks

Peter

Peter Lawless

Peter Lawless 1 points

• 6 years ago

The port shouldn't be specified in that case. I would just use xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or localhost (depending on your setup).

As for the live domain, you can fill the same domain out twice if you wanted - taking it from either the development or staging domain you specified.

Thanks Philip

I still can't get in - user name and reset password still coming up as not correct. I have changed the licence number in the config file. Will have another look tomorrow and see if I can find what is wrong.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If it says the username and password are incorrect, that's what it means. Nothing to do with license activation.

Hi Drew

After I loaded the clean install I had 2 sites with the same licence key, user name and password. The new one let me in the old one did not. I now have 2 different licence key numbers and I have not changed the user name. I recreated the password this afternoon on the original site after I changed the licence key having purchased an additional licence.

Will investigate further tomorrow.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If the license is an issue you get a specific error message about that. You won't get an error telling you your username or password is wrong if it's a license key issue.

Just checked in the database. Oh dear VERY RED FACE! I think senility has set in - using the wrong user name. Been working on a couple of other systems in the last few days is my only excuse.

Thanks for the responses.