Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Performing Perch search creates odd characters...

Using the latest Perch....

When I make a search the highlighted search text is surrounded with some odd text...

<p class="excerpt">…the collection menu selector on the left. heading nmyiyu 6 <em class="keyword">My search text</em> subheading nn2a22 7…</p>

Where is the surrounding text "heading", "nmyiyu 6" and "nn2a22 7" being created from? And where is <em class="keyword">subheading</em> appearing from?

The test search I'm making is q=my+search+text&Search=Go and this search text is a H2 heading in a template called "subheading"

David Owen

David Owen 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you checked your content for odd characters?

The keyword class is put in by Perch - to enable you to style the keyword that was searched for.

I will check - but I don't think so.

This appears to be created when only using a blocks template and not an ordinary template...

...and the numbers 6 and 7 relate to the order the block section is in. Just did a search for a unique word in block page and that is surrounded by...

nmyjg3 4 <my search result> heading nmyiyg 5

Which is in the fifth "blocks" section - see the numbers 3,4 and 5? And the word heading? too much of a coincidence?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ah, of course. Those are block indexes and block IDs. Looks like a bug! I'll see what I can do.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is fixed and will be part of the 2.8.5 release.

At least it's not me breaking things ;-)