Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Sub Pages & Breadcrumbs help

Hi, I need help with two related issues I'm encountering. Firstly, I have a number of static category pages on my home page. In each of these category pages I am trying to set a subpage folder to keep individual projects underneath each category. However when I set the new subpage folder within the Perch admin settings for that page i.e. '/new-builds' it says it was created successfully and yet if I try to navigate to https://localhost:8888/new-builds it doesn't find anything. I have an active template for individual projects to be created as sub-pages underneath each of category. This is working, however even though I tell the sub-page to have 'new-builds' as its parent, it places itself right underneath the root directory instead?! again, not sure what I'm doing wrong here?? Finally I have a breadcrumbs template configured for these pages > subpages. here is the template below. However It doesn't work properly, in that the class doesn't seem to apply to new links i.e. HOME PAGE > new-builds The HOME link is linkable and gets its class but the new-builds is not linkable and is not getting the class. On top of this, it's not seeing any sub-page underneath new-builds as above issue, it seems to be placing itself at the root level. Is there anything noticeably wrong with this template? Thanks.

<perch:before>
 <div class="breadcrumbs-wrapper">
 <ul class="w-clearfix w-list-unstyled">
</perch:before>
    <li>
        <perch:if exists="perch_item_last">
            <perch:pages id="pageNavText" />
        <perch:else />
            <a class="breadcrumbs-link" href="<perch:pages id="pagePath" />"><perch:pages id="pageNavText" /></a> &gt;
        </perch:if>
    </li>
<perch:after>
</ul>
</div>
</perch:after>
Debug Message - Perch 3.0.1
[1] SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch3_users u, perch3_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='bcd2a38182ceb0e56220c495191e9566' LIMIT 1
UPDATE perch3_users SET userHash='53d2931af0cb28e7ef4ae1e3aeb1c297' WHERE userID='1'
[34] SELECT p.privKey FROM perch3_user_privileges p
[13] SELECT settingID, settingValue, userID FROM perch3_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID ASC
[7] SELECT itemValue FROM perch3_menu_items WHERE itemType='app'
[1] SELECT * FROM perch3_pages WHERE pageID=29 LIMIT 1
[1] SELECT * FROM perch3_pages WHERE pageID='12' LIMIT 1
[1] SELECT * FROM perch3_menu_items WHERE itemActive=1 AND itemType='menu' AND parentID=0 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC LIMIT 0, 1
[2] SELECT mi.*, p.privKey FROM perch3_menu_items mi LEFT JOIN perch3_user_privileges p ON mi.privID=p.privID WHERE mi.itemActive=1 AND mi.parentID=1 ORDER BY mi.itemOrder ASC
[1] SELECT itemTitle FROM perch3_menu_items WHERE itemType='app' AND itemValue='content' LIMIT 1
[1] SELECT * FROM perch3_menu_items WHERE itemActive=1 AND itemType='menu' AND parentID=0 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC LIMIT 1, 10
[2] SELECT mi.*, p.privKey FROM perch3_menu_items mi LEFT JOIN perch3_user_privileges p ON mi.privID=p.privID WHERE mi.itemActive=1 AND mi.parentID=2 ORDER BY mi.itemOrder ASC
File: /core/apps/content/modes/page.url.post.php
[16] SELECT p.*, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM perch3_pages WHERE pageParentID=p.pageID) AS subpages FROM perch3_pages p ORDER BY pageTreePosition ASC
Cormac Kerrigan

Cormac Kerrigan 0 points

• 4 years ago

I should also add that I'm running Perch 3. There was no default template for breadcrumbs in the navigation templates folder. Is there any issue with using an older basic breadcrumbs template on this new version of Perch?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, there's no change with how the templates work for this.

Hi Drew. You can mark this as closed.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Great.