Forum

Thread tagged as: Installation, Configuration

Update from Perch 2 to Runway did not run

I am trying to upgrade to runway. I was expecting the usual upgrade successful message when I logged in to the admin area. When I logged in there was no message although I can see the runway menu in the admin area.

On the front end of the site I have a failed to open stream errors.

Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'poppdb.perch2_page_routes' doesn't exist 

Diagnostics report HEALTH CHECK

Perch Runway is up to date PHP 5.4.19 version is okay, but a little out of date. Consider updating soon. MySQL 5.5.32 is up to date Image processing available File upload size is low. You can only upload files up to 2M. Temp folder is not writable. Check the path to your temp folder in your runway.php file and check permissions are set for PHP to write to it.

Perch Runway: 2.8.4, PHP: 5.4.19, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: e707c415db32080b3752b232487a435ee0372157 $, with PDO
Server OS: WINNT, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.4), assets (2.8.4), categories (2.8.4), perch_blog (4.5.4), perch_events (1.9.2), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_gallery (2.8.6), perch_mailchimp (2.0.1), perch_comments (1.1), perch_members (1.2), perch_backup (1.2), perch_twitter (3.5.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', 'perch_mailchimp', 'perch_comments', 'perch_members', 'perch_twitter', 'perch_events', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_blog', ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: C:\xampp\htdocs\sites\popp\public\perch
PERCH_CORE: C:\xampp\htdocs\sites\popp\public\perch\core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\xampp\htdocs\sites\popp\public\perch\resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 2M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: popp.local
DOCUMENT_ROOT: C:/xampp/htdocs/sites/popp/public
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Andy Clark

Andy Clark 0 points

• 6 years ago

Downloaded Runway 2.8.5 and that upgraded fine?

I see in the diagnostics that this version is marked as "You are running a pre-release version of Perch Runway" I take it that's okay.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's just because the version is checked when you log in. If you log out and back in that message will change.

Did you move from Perch 2.8.4 directly to Runway 2.8.4? If so, the versions are the same so the update doesn't run.

Yes Drew, yes I did move from Perch 2.8.4 over to 2.8.4 Runway. I was convinced I had messed up and spent ages fault finding?

A note in the docs might help others. Also in the docs https://docs.grabaperch.com/runway/upgrading/ Upgrading to Perch Runway: The Steps, maybe add in to copy across the templates/pages/errors folder

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Better to fix in the software, really, but it's only just coming to light.