Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

Upgrading to Perch 3 - questions

I'm upgrading a Perch Runway site to Perch 3. Liking the new look.

Questions:

Is the YouTube fieldtype still supported? It's not on the current list of addons. I've not replaced it, but the old version seems to work for now.

The pagination looks strange when I view assets in Grid mode (looks like the CSS is missing, though it still works). When I view assets in List mode, I see two lots of pagination - styled and then unstyled underneath. Is this correct?

It looks like when I view a navigation group, eg at /perch/core/apps/content/navigation/pages/?id=3 it's unstyled as nested ordered lists. Again I wondered if this is deliberate?

Here's the diagnostic:

Perch Runway: 3.0.1, PHP: 5.6.28, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.1), assets (3.0.1), categories (3.0.1), perch_forms (1.9), perch_comments (1.2.1), perch_members (1.6.1), perch_mailchimp (3.1), perch_twitter (3.7)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_comments', 'perch_forms', 'perch_members', 'perch_mailchimp', 'perch_twitter',    ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Capital Mass/Main/local/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Capital Mass/Main/local/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Capital Mass/Main/local/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: local.capitalmass.org.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Capital Mass/Main/local
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is the YouTube fieldtype still supported?

YouTube field type is still supported. It hasn't changed.

The pagination looks strange when I view assets in Grid mode (looks like the CSS is missing, though it still works).

That's not an issue we're familiar with. Can you provide any details as to where and when this happens?

It looks like when I view a navigation group, eg at /perch/core/apps/content/navigation/pages/?id=3 it's unstyled as nested ordered lists. Again I wondered if this is deliberate?

Obviously not deliberate, no. We'll get it fixed.

Thanks, Drew. Was only asking about YouTube fieldtype as it doesn't appear on this page: https://addons.perchcms.com/

The pagination issue for me happens at /perch/core/apps/assets/ - that's when I see the pagination without style. When in list view (eg /perch/core/apps/assets/?view=list) I see both types of pagination. Could be something peculiar to my set-up.

Re navigation group, sorry wasn't meaning to offend - I was really asking if it was a design decision or something missing. (Not thinking you would deliberately leave something out.)

Is there a way of searching for a particular asset (if there was one I wanted to use again in a file/image field?). Or ordering by file name in list view or something? The site I'm working on has 14 pages of assets, so finding the right one that's already there is quite a bit job.

Hi Paul

Youtube fieldtype is now in the Perch 2 archive but still works fine – https://addons.perchcms.com/archive.

I also know that Assets is due a big update soon. Search and sort is currently disabled but will return.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The pagination is fixed in 3.0.2

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Nav group styling is also fixed in 3.0.2

Thanks, Drew - all upgraded and sorted.