Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation, Gallery

Gallery - images uploading but aren't appearing in app

Hi there,

I've just updated Perch and the gallery app on a site I'm working on. Something hasn't survived the upgrade and the gallery app is broken.

The gallery appears normal and I can upload images (they are in the resources folder) but they aren't appearing in the app afterwards.

If I use the basic image uploader I get this message:

Fatal error: Class 'PerchAssetFile' not found in /homepages/9/d150611838/htdocs/clare-laughland-apr-2015/perch/core/lib/PerchImage.class.php on line 299

I've tried reinstalling fresh copies of Perch and the gallery app but the problem remains.

The initial version of Perch was relatively old, 2.4 possibly. Have I missed something obvious when I updated?

SUMMARY INFORMATION Perch: 2.8.5, PHP: 5.5.23, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.5), assets (2.8.5), categories (2.8.5), perch_gallery (2.8.6), perch_kraken (1.0) App runtimes: <?php //include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); //include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_gallery/runtime.php'); ?> <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_gallery', ); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /homepages/9/d150611838/htdocs/clare-laughland-apr-2015/perch PERCH_CORE: /homepages/9/d150611838/htdocs/clare-laughland-apr-2015/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /homepages/9/d150611838/htdocs/clare-laughland-apr-2015/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 40M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 120M, Total max file upload: 8M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: www.clarelaughland.co.uk DOCUMENT_ROOT: /kunden/homepages/9/d150611838/htdocs/clare-laughland-apr-2015 REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Gareth Rimmer

Gareth Rimmer 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, I think that looks like a bug with yesterday's release. Do images upload elsewhere without issue?

Hi Drew, yes, images upload via Assets and publish correctly.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Thanks, I'm looking into this now.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I can't reproduce this error - I've got another that I can fix, but not this one.

Can you try redeploying the perch/core folder?

Hi All

I started a new site today and have the same issue

The only difference is that i can use the basic uploader, the resource folder is created and the images are in it but do not appear in the gallery app.

Fresh install of all perch runway 2.8.5 and gallery 2.8.6

`ebug Message
SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='d873dc3758007e5ac2d5f1acb91739c8' LIMIT 1
UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='89153cce415612c6b397434ea9eb9958' WHERE userID=1
SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p
SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID
SELECT collectionID, collectionKey FROM perch2_collections WHERE collectionInAppMenu=1 ORDER BY collectionOrder ASC
SELECT * FROM perch2_gallery_albums WHERE albumID=1 LIMIT 1
SELECT * FROM perch2_gallery_images WHERE albumID=1 AND imageStatus='active' ORDER BY imageOrder ASC
SELECT v.*, i.imageBucket FROM perch2_gallery_image_versions v, perch2_gallery_images i WHERE v.imageID=i.imageID AND i.albumID=1 AND i.imageStatus='active'
Queries: 9
Memory: 0.9353

I rolled the site back to the previous 2.4.9 version and updated both Perch and the gallery app with new versions.

The basic image uploader now works but the standard uploader still doesn't. I've handed the site back to the client and they're happy to use this so I'm content to leave it here though I will keep checking it against updated versions of Perch.

Thanks Drew.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We have an update almost ready to go.