Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Can't log in to Perch after update

While working on another issue, I updated to the latest version of Perch on a client site. Seemed to all be fine. Suddenly, they're reporting that they can't log in. I was still in, and it all seemed fine. I logged out to see if I could repeat what they were seeing, and sure enough - when you submit name and password on the login screen it just clears the form. When I try it with incorrect details, it gives the error message that the wrong password was used. But it's not letting me past the login screen.

Any idea what might be happening? I pasted the diagnostic details for my other query of a few minutes ago re. perch_content_custom - but obviously I can't get in to recopy them here.

Thanks - Mallen

Mallen Baker

Mallen Baker 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Hi Mallen

did you follow the instructions on the update page? https://grabaperch.com/update/

"Note: if you can’t log in after updating, go to /perch/core/update in your browser so the updater can run. Then you’ll be able to log in."

Yes, I did do that - it didn't seem to make any difference in this case

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you turn on debug do you get any errors?

Are you being logged in and then immediately bounced out?

I don't know know if I'm being logged in or not. There's no flash of logged in screen, it just goes from login screen with my details filled in to login screen with blank fields.

I've now rolled Perch back to the previous version so they can use the system. I'll try to reproduce the problem with the staging set-up for their site tomorrow. When I do I'll try turning debug on.

Thanks - M