Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Shop Return to Cart

Hi,

This is probably out of scope for support but would appreciate any help you can give. I am trying to replicate the checkout process here:

https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/

Got it working ok, apart from one issue. If the customer uses the browser back button to return to the cart rather than the Cart link, I get the Confirm Form Resubmission warning. I am guessing this is unavoidable but wanted to see if there was any way to get around this?

Thanks!

Mike

Mike Harrison

Mike Harrison 37 points

• 5 years ago

Actually also having an issue where if the customer goes back to the customer_create_passwordless form and makes changes these are not updating the order, details remain the same as first entered. I guess this is because they are logged in already.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Thanks, will take a look.

I think in the future a good example for the docs might be replicating that checkout. It would be a bit in-depth but as that is the standard Shopify / Squarespace checkout process it might be good to show that it can be achieved in Perch.

Ok I think that should work thanks for the pointer.

Regarding the updating of customer details if they return to that page in the process, would swapping in the customer_update form based on a if (perch_member_logged_in()) work? And what would the function be for calling that?

I am going to have to build out a simplified test of this whole thing but wanted to ask before I got really stuck in!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You could try, but if the user is going back through their history, the page might not even be rerequested.

Is this a behaviour you're seeing?

Not to date, no. But I have had some pressure about how flexible the Shopify process is, and need to build out something with the same flexibility in Perch. I am sure it will be possible but might be complicated!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'm not quite clear as to which part you can't build with Perch.

I will get something together on a staging domain and see if I get stuck anywhere. Thanks for your help so far.

Hi Mike, Were you able to correct the issue with the add to cart form and the back button?

I've noticed that if a customer adds an item to the cart and then uses the back button to continue shopping, the item is removed from the cart. Is it possible to have the cart contents unaffected in this scenario?

Thanks!