Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Suggestions, Docs

Manage Users but Restrict Role Changes

Hello,

I have a website built on Runway that would definitely benefit from a way to restrict users who have permission to manage users not to modify role settings.

I ran across this post in the forum from about a year ago: https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/01-09-2015-prevent-ability-to-modify-user-roles

Is this something that is in the works currently or possibly available now? I basically don't want my client's IT department, who will need to manage users, to edit role permissions.

Also, is there somewhere in the perch documentation that explains each option available to roles? Sometimes, they are a bit confusing and difficult to understand the differences between the results of, say enabling all or a combination of: "configure page settings", "edit page details", or "edit page titles and attributes".

Currently the only way I know, is by creating a test account and modifying the test accounts permissions...which means logging in and out between the admin account and the test account repeatedly. I think having some explanation or examples in the documentation would be a great time saver and frequent reference.

Thank you.

Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's not changed as yet, but it's certainly something we're considering.