Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Perch1

Upgrading from Perch 1 to Perch 2, then Perch 3

Hello,

We have one client who has remained on a Perch 1 license up until now. Recently, we've migrated their server, and Perch 1 no longer works as php 7 doesn't support mysql_connect and other non-mysqli functions.

We've tried upgrading from Perch 1.8.4 to Perch 2, using the upgrade app, but it doesn't seem to actually setup any of the regions. Is there something we're missing in this? We've been following the documentation on the internet archive, as all other links no longer seem to exist.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150414000810/https://docs.grabaperch.com:80/docs/upgrading-perch/upgrading-from-perch-1/

Thank you in advance for any direction/assistance.

James Harrison

James Harrison 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What happens?

• I click import, next to the content listing in the import app; it says it has 4 items.
  • The page refreshes, saying the page was imported successfully (displaying only the text 'Home page — /index.php — Page imported', no other details); however the following error shows in the Debug message:
SELECT * FROM perch_contentItems WHERE contentPage='/index.php' ORDER BY contentOrder ASC
Invalid query: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'contentOrder' in 'order clause'
  • I then go back to 'Pages', and see that there are 0 regions setup on the homepage.

Importing other data seems to work - importing the users and such - but not content.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you sure you started with Perch 1.8.4?

Actually, it's 1.7.3; I got 1.8.4 from the database, but didn't realize it was the latest version, not the installed version. It says 1.7.3 in the Perch.class.php.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It needs to be 1.8.4 or it won't work.

Is there somewhere I can download 1.8.4?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, I think you can download it from your account.

I only see a v2 and v3 button at the top right, and there's nothing under the individual license listing.