Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Assets in Perch 2.8.6

Just updated from 2.8.4. Can I check this is now default?

Previously all recently added assets displayed for some time unused then unless marked as "Library Assets" they got deleted. However they also continued to display if used on the site.

I have an extensive asset list that showed before the update, but now in 2.8.6 only "Library Assets" are showing apart from assets I have added since the update.

This despite the fact other assets no longer showing in the Assets app are assigned to content on the site.

Surely these should continue to display in admin?

Nigel Coath

Nigel Coath 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This hasn't changed between 2.8.4 and 2.8.6.

Okay so why might assets disappear that are in use on pages (they are still in the resources folder)?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you see them in the pages?

Seems like some have stayed and some have gone. What I can see of the ones that still show up is that the resized versions on the page are in the resources folder, but not the original versions.

I am re-adding them so its academic now, but the update seemed to break them. I expect someday have dropped off as they were as yet unassigned and not save as library assets. Its just the ones that had been used also disappeared.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you had any issues updating with past updates?

Not with this site as it started with 2.8.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's surprising then. Is there anything else I should know?

Not really, not sure whether its an isolated issue or a bug. Have re added the assets and will see...