Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions

Blocks and repeaters

I love Blocks, and find it a great way to give control to my clients, but not too much. I have a number of different block types (arguably too many, but too late to worry about that now...).

On Runway 2, the block types wrapped, but on Runway 3, the block types don't wrap, forcing a horizontal scroll bar. When the block contains a repeater, the "Add item" button is right-justified, so it appears off-screen unless you scroll over to the right (because of the width of the "add block" buttons section).

When I have a large number of blocks, the "add block" buttons sometimes have text wrapping onto three lines, and if there's an icon, it sometimes appears on its own, with the text below. To me, it would be neater if the buttons could appear without wrapping, and perhaps the "add an item" for repeaters could display over to the left, or at least not require a horizontal scroll.

Not a bug as such, just a suggestion.

My other question, was about sorting Collections. I have a collection which is essentially blog posts, and I can sort by Post Date and the posts are ordered correctly, but if I add a new post, with a different date, it just appears at the top, not in date order. Should the sort order be persistent, or does sorting only sort the collection one time?

Perch Runway: 3.0.2, PHP: 5.6.28, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.2), assets (3.0.2), categories (3.0.2), perch_forms (1.9), perch_comments (1.2.1), perch_members (1.6.1), perch_mailchimp (3.1), perch_twitter (3.7)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_comments', 'perch_forms', 'perch_members', 'perch_mailchimp', 'perch_twitter',    ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Capital Mass/Main/local/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Capital Mass/Main/local/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Capital Mass/Main/local/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: local.capitalmass.org.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/paulbell/Documents/Work/Capital Mass/Main/local
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 4 years ago