Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Runway, CKEditor

CK Editor showing as blank after updating the editor plugin

I need some help quick! My textarea fields normally with CK Editor are showing a flash of basic text, then blank - where the CK Editor should be for editing. As if all the icons and assets are missing. I reverted to my older folder of the CK editor, but nothing has changed. What could be missing that's throwing off the CK editor from showing??

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you checked your browser console?

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Oh I see - for errors. Just did that and found:

https://THEWEBSITE.COM/cms/addons/plugins/editors/ckeditor/skins/moonocolor/editor.css?t=G2VC Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you Google "browser console" you'll see how to open the console for whichever browser you are using - but you may wish to refer this to the person who built your site.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

I built the site :) Error is above. I'm currently replacing the existing "ckeditor" folder with the latest download, again. See if that corrects the missing CSS it seems to be looking for.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

FIXED! This wasn't my error. The latest version of the CK Editor you have up - Version 1.9.1 is looking for:

skins/moonocolor/editor.css

...but the folder is named "moono". So I renamed the folder to "moonocolor" and it's fixed! Looks like a folder naming and referencing issue. Perhaps on the part of CK Editor?

The weirdest, and best part of this, is that now - for some odd reason - the indent block is working. Finally!