Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Members

Members.html - Notes

Hello,

I require a textarea within the members.html whereby we can leave notes for admin staff ( Back-end ) only and not to be seen on the members profile by the member.

However when text is entered it does not save although all other fields and information works perfectly, I am just wondering what I need to do to achieve this please?

My code below is:

<perch:members type="textarea" id="communication" label="Comm Notes" divider-before="Communication" />

Help appreciated

Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We need to see your complete template and Diagnostics Report with any post to the forum - thanks!

Hello Rachel,

I have noticed that its only on type"textarea" that I get the problem of things not saving, If a members makes an edit it stores the information nicely. But if we change it back-end it completely wipes out all field types textarea?

html:

<perch:members type="text" id="communication" label="Comm Notes" divider-before="Communication" />

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's a currently a bug with textareas used in this way on the the member's forms. It's an artefact of the content being edited from both sides.

Ok,

is there an alternative by chances ?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Regular text fields should be fine.

Do you mean text fields admin end (back-office) with textarea fields working ok on profile / member edit end?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, it's textareas that are the problem here.

I've just run in to the same problem. Is a fix on the roadmap?