Forum

Thread tagged as: Showcase, Runway

Terramar Retail Centers via Perch Runway

The Perch Runway site I've been laboring on for months is finally up and live:

https://www.trcretail.com

We're using multiple collections here, one for the regional groupings (Localities), one for Properties within each region, one for U.S. States, one for the sales Agents' contact info.

Some other kicky Perch-driven features include:

• The home-page search box searches a Perch-populated JSON block

• The regional and properties Google maps, prettified with a Leaflet.js skin, get their zoom and pin coordinates via Perch fields

• Our Foundation 6.3 layout framework is in some places structured dynamically by perch:if conditionals (such as the Block Grids that display the Major Tenants logos).

My thanks to Drew, Rachel, Robert Ketter, Ian Hobbs, Duncan Revell, Toby Martin, Jonathan Elliman, and anybody else I'm overlooking who helped me out with answers to my sometimes dumb questions.

A word to other newbies: do not cost-out a Perch Runway build based on your experience with a page-based standard Perch build. Double or maybe triple your build-time estimates, as Perch Runway adds a level of abstraction that will present conceptual challenges for you. This is not a knock on Perch Runway; it's still easier than trying to build a data-driven WordPress site!

Joel Davies

Joel Davies 0 points

• 4 years ago

Thanks for the mention.

That has turned out to be quite a wonderful site. Great Job.

Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

That's a great looking site. Collections and relationships are brilliant, aren't they!

Wish I could take credit for the look! That's the work of Andy Sauder, Senior Graphic Designer at our firm Zeller Marketing & Design.