Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons, PayPal

Paypal Shop Item Templates

Hi, Since starting to use perch about 2 months ago I now have 3 perch sites and development and 2 runway sites being quoted for. Man I need a break!

I need a little help with the PayPal shop app. I am either missing something simple or have got much on.

I can see that I can call the following perch_shop_products_by_category to recall all the products for a given category. How do I list all the products in a table 3 columns wide?

Product 1 | Product 2 | Product 3

Where are the templates for the shop stored. I am trying to achieve this using a one page template.

Any Ideas?

Dennis Pickworth

Dennis Pickworth 0 points

• 6 years ago

Dennis, it depends on whether or not you copied the template directory from the PayPal shop app during installation. If you did then the templates are at perch/shop/item.html

If not then you need to copy the template directory from the app to perch/templates.

Hi Robert,

I don't have a item.html in the perch/templates folder. I have re-downloaded the app and there isn't one in there. There is a product.html?

Is this the correct one?

Cheers Dennis

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I understand the tags. I am having issues with creating a look and making perch move to the next product to display.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You were asking about the location of the templates:

As with Perch content the shop uses templates. The default templates are stored inside the perch_shop/templates folder however you should not edit these directly.

To modify templates copy the templates from /perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/templates/shop to /perch/templates/shop and then make your changes. If a template has the same name in this folder as the template in the perch_shop folder it will be used rather than the default. You can also create your own templates with any name you like and pass in the name of the template when using perch_shop_custom.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/shop-paypal/template-tags/

Have you copied and modified the templates as described?

Dennis Pickworth said:

Hi Robert,

I don't have a item.html in the perch/templates folder. I have re-downloaded the app and there isn't one in there. There is a product.html?

Is this the correct one?

Cheers Dennis

Dennis, I'm sorry... Your correct, the template is product.html... I was working from memory and had not verified ( working from phone at the time).

Anyways, I am not sure if your needs have changed as this support ticket seems to have turned a new direction. Could you please clarify your question so we can give the best advise. Thanks so much.

Sorry if I seemed curt last night. I was tired and should have left the reply till today. I now understand what is needed and where the template are to be modified.

Thanks for the help.