Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members, Shop

Digital FIles

Hi

My customer wants to be able to deliver Digital files as a pay per use, ie they have forms that can be used to send to there customer. Putting aside the fact that once you have downloaded a document you could use it as often as possible.

They also want the returning customers to be able to log in, like you do on a successful purchase on your nest running site once a customer has purchased something you have a create password box.

The issue is when you have digital downloads and a registered user each time they purchase a digital file the digital file they purchased on their last visit is listed for download as well. We would like this to be available only once. So the next time they log in they can only download the file they have purchased.

I see you can add tags to products with a time line but i am unsure as to how and when you check for this tag before allowing the download. Do i need to use a different files_list.html template that checks for tags

any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Brett

Brett Warne

Brett Warne 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The Members app has a good example of using tags for this.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/members/downloads/

Hi Drew

I can stop the download happening but i would like to be able to only display the file that you can download, As if you don't create a password and make people use the passwordless login you only see the file you can download. Once you create a customer with a password you will see all of the files that you have purchased before. Do i need to create a different resource bucket for each product and use a different download file depending on the tag?

How would you do it.

Regards,

Brett

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can do it with a tag. Test for the tag on the page before displaying the link, and test for it again to protect the download.