Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Container (Top Level Pages) Folders in Perch Backend

Sometimes I create containers in the backend system to group certain pages. An example if this I am currently working on is a section for Product Specification forms. Each form is individually accessed from a products page so not accessible through any top level menu.

IN order to group these types of pages, I have to create a 'Top Level' page. But this page would have no content or information and wouldn't be accessed from anywhere still the URL exists and in this instance shows a default page.

My question is; should there be a folder element in the backend that allow for easy grouping without the instance of an actually page? Or is there a another way to not allow this top lev page (folder) to be accessible via the front-end?

Thoughts?

Thanks Terry

Terry Upton

Terry Upton 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you checked the box in the page options to hide it from navigation and from search?

Yes these are selected but it doesn't stop the page being accessed. I wondered if there was a 'method' we could use for these folder/type pages that aren't actually used, but just used to organise pages.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You could possibly base them on a master page that contains a redirect header. Then, if someone does try to access those pages (for whatever reason) they can be bounced back to e.g. the home page.