Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Addons

How do I delete a bucket ?

I added a test bucket via an upload with a test bucket name. I however want to delete that from showing up in my bucket dropdown as it no longer exists. How do I do so?

Mark Chen

Mark Chen 0 points

• 6 years ago

I think this may clear on its own, otherwise you'll have to delete it from the database. Perch does asset management and cleanup automatically but I'm not sure it includes removing empty buckets.

I was hoping it would also clear by itself as I deleted the content in that bucket and now I am left with an empty bucket which I will never use again.

If I could find that trail in the core folder or something and delete it it would be good.

Thanks

Mark, The bucket list is parsed from the resources table in the perch database. Each asset has a resourceBucket column in the resources table. For this reason, I believe since the assets have been deleted the bucket list will be cleaned up the next time the cleanup routine runs in perch (which I seem to remember is 24 hours)

If the asset which used the image is no longer attached to a region and the asset isn't marked as library then it will be cleaned up, resulting in the bucket list dropping the bucket name from the list.

What you have to understand is that while Perch no longer shows the asset in the admin panel, the thumbnail will continue to persist in the resources folder till the cleanup happens, therefore the bucket will remain in the list till the cleanup happens. (Drew.. thumbnails are deleted then... Right???)

Hopefully this makes sense.

RK

I see,

Well I will wait and see if it purges over time.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The list is made up of the options in your buckets.php combined with evidential usage from the resources db table.