Forum

Thread tagged as: Blog, Addons, Suggestions

Blog Admin Improvement Requests

In the interest of convincing a current client that a move from WordPress to Perch would be a move toward simplicity and ease, I have a number of ideas for improving the ease of managing posts with Blog after going through the import process. This client has a 10-year old blog: her posts are simple, but numerous!

• In the Blog admin: The ability to choose whether lists of posts are paginated or shown on a single page
  • In the Blog admin: The ability to sort the post listing by column headers (Post, Status, Date)
  • In the Blog admin: The ability to bulk delete posts.

My situation after importing: I had 8-10 unpublished drafts in my list of imported blog posts that I wished to delete. They appeared on the last page (15/15) in the paginated list of posts. After every delete, I was back to the first (1/15) page of the paginated list. Frustrating. :(

I eventually figured out that I could view only Drafts, but, instead of staying on the Drafts page after deleting a post, I was taken to the list of all posts. I would expect to stay on the Drafts list. Still, better than clicking through 14 page views to get to my drafts in the full list.

Just to say, that if I hadn't been jumped around in the post list after each delete, my need for bulk delete might not have been felt as keenly. :/ Viewing all posts on a single page may have mitigated that need, too. (Though not in the case of being moved out of the Drafts list after deleting a draft, but then I wouldn't have been in the Drafts list to begin with if I could have viewed all posts on a single page.)

Last, but not least:

• When viewing single Blog post on the front-end: Ctrl-E to edit a post in Blog admin.

The import itself was smooth as silk! Thanks so much for this option and thanks for listening!

Best, Abby

Abby Larsen

Abby Larsen 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Noted, thanks.