Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Runway

Add multiple assets at once.

For some reason the drag and drop doesn't work on Assets.

Perch Runway: 3.0.5, PHP: 7.0.10, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 241ae00989d1995ffcbbf63d579943635faf9972 $, with PDO
Server OS: WINNT, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.5), assets (3.0.5), categories (3.0.5), perch_forms (1.9), perch_gallery (2.8.9), perch_shop_orders (1.2), perch_shop_products (1.2), perch_shop (1.2), chirp_seo (1.1), perch_members (1.6.1), perch_mailchimp (3.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_members', 'perch_forms', 'perch_shop', 'perch_mailchimp', 'perch_gallery', 'chirp_seo', ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: D:\wamp\www\perch
PERCH_CORE: D:\wamp\www\perch\core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: D:\wamp\www\perch\resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: 127.0.0.1:82
DOCUMENT_ROOT: D:/wamp/www
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Lexi McGee

Lexi McGee 3 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What are you trying, and what happens? Is the same true for the current version?

Dragging an image to the asset ''window'' only says Copy and then the image is loaded by the browser. That's where a green icon should appear as the cursor right? and then the image should be uploaded to assets.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Which browser are you using?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You'll need to provide more information because it certainly does work in the general case. You're also a version behind.

Is there a specific js file that makes the uploader work in the Asset page html source? Updated to the latest version and still having the same problem. Trying to find what's missing from my install.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, all the files work together as a system. Replace the entire perch/core folder.

Already did. Still the same. Does gallery have the same feature? drag and drop doesn't work there either.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, Gallery uses a different, much older upload mechanism.

burd

That is what isn't working. Is there any apache or php extension that should be enabled?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Why are you saying it's not working while showing it working?

That's a GIF from the other linked thread. https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/04-03-2017-a-perch-3-add-multiple-assets

That is what isn't working on my end. Any way to debug that drag and drop feature? trying to upload 100s of images.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If uploading one works, I would start by testing with two rather than hundreds.

Can you get two to upload?

Nope. Uploading only works clicking on Add Asset. So only one at a time.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So no drag/drop uploading is working at all?

Exactly. Tried in my computer and on the production server. Right now it's only working on a friends Mac and only when there's an image already uploaded or loaded in assets.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sounds like an issue isolated to Windows then. I'll see if I can get access to a Windows machine to test with.

Well the production server is linux so Linux too.

Started working out of nowhere. Last steps were

1. Added a custom content for a logo and used the image.html content template
  2. Noticed that it asked me to drag and drop there to select or upload an image. it worked.
  3. Went back to regular assets and tried dropping files there. It worked. It still said ''Copy'' on the cursor. Zero signs of the green ''plus'' icon.
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The JavaScript runs in the browser, not on the server. So the issue is the computer you use to view the site, not the server you use to serve it.