Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

GeoJSON layers

Hello,

This is a bit of a challenge. I have integrated Leaflet JS as framework and I intend to display complex polygons and custom popups using GeoJSON layers. For now and for testing puposes, I call my GeoJSON layers directly in the page and it works well, but I'm afraid the mass of data will be too large (240 polygons to insert and I already have 24000 lines of generated coding for only 2 polygons!). In your opinion, what would be the best method for referencing GeoJSON layers containing such a large amount of data? - 1 remote file for each entry - Multiple remote files per group of entries - All entries on a page and filter by PHP

Any suggestion or advice would be welcome.

With my thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hugues Mertens

Hugues Mertens 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Where does Perch come into this?

Popups, zone settings, and geographic coordinates of polygons that can be edited in Perch by a multiple region. For each entry, I input a title, a province, a field for the content of the popup, a choice of the color of the overlay, borders, opacity and so on and an unformatted text field to copy and paste the coordinates of the area.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, so are you asking what the best way of storing a large dataset is? That would be a collection.

Thanks Drew. I am not familiar with Perch Runway yet, it seems to be a great solution and I will study it right away!