Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Blog

Max image file size or dimensions to process a crop in Blog?

Is there any max file size or dimension when processing a crop in Blog app? Running all the latest apps with latest Perch.

The image uploaded to Assets OK. The image is 5760 x 3840 px @ 4MB Cropping to: 1920 x 1063

It's NOT a timeout issue as we get error almost instantly. Have checked jpeg, it's not CMYK or anything. Any ideas?

If I refresh page it asks to submit form again and it loads blog page item edit without this image there. All other info is fine.

We will of course process this one manually, but just wondering... need to let client know if it happens to them populating site.

Thanks.

Perch: 2.8.7, PHP: 5.4.38, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.7), assets (2.8.7), categories (2.8.7), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3)

Stuart Farrell

Stuart Farrell 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I suspect you're running out of memory manipulating images that size, especially if they have a large image depth.

Hmmm... this is a fairly beefy cloud server and it happens near instantly, no time out etc. But I will pass this onto host support guys and get it ramped up... then test again. If it doesn't work will let you know in case it's a potential issue.

Cheers, Stu.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Otherwise, check your error log to see if anything is being thrown.

OK, checked log, nothing there... server RAM is fine, so it could perhaps be an issue of memory assigned to PHP maybe? Will adjust and report back.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Could be that - the current configuration is listed in your diagnostics report.

OK, bumped it up...

PHP limits: Max upload 1024M, Max POST 1024M, Memory: 1024M, Total max file upload: 1024M

Tried with the large image again, and it worked fine!

Thanks.