Forum

Thread tagged as: Shop

Perch Shop: Full/Concession Pricing

Hi,

I'm working on a build for a yoga studio that includes shop. I want the client to be able to create products for courses. There's limited capacity and prices can be full or concession (and maybe in future a member's price). There is nothing to determine at the point of purchase whether a customer should pay Full or Concession, they need to be able to select from the available options themselves.

Initially I was going to do this by adding options to the course product with different prices, but as I've got to the templates I realised that prices for options is not included in the returned array so I can't display the different prices of the options.

The alternative I'm considering is to have additional prices on the main product (rather than store prices as options). Is it possible to add extra price fields to the product template? I have a feeling it will be impossible (or at least difficult) to define if they're the ones used at the cart/checkout.

There's only a few courses available at any one time and they're pretty much set prices so I have the option of hard coding the price into the option names ie. Option title is 'Full Price (£60)' - which is a bit icky, but not a disaster if that's my best option in this case.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Fallows

Mike Fallows 2 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The best way to do it would be with variants - was the issue just that you're having trouble displaying the price?

Hi Drew, yep, it's the lack of price display. I gather that's on the roadmap, but a bit down the list?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

At the moment, yes, but if it's important we can move it up.

I think I saw someone else in slack asking about it too, I'd say it was quite important to be able to display the price before the cart somehow. I have a workaround so I'll hard code the prices into the option names for now and look out for the update in a future release. Thanks for your help!

I just got my stickers too - woohoo!!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, I think it sounds important too.