Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Image Assets are not being stored in Resources

When my user uploads an image to Assets and then selects it, the site is looking in resources. The image is not making it into the Resources folder so it can be displayed on the site. Where do I redirect this, or how do I fix this?

Thank you again!

Cody Sherrod

Cody Sherrod 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Please post your Diagnostics Report and a template where this is happening.

Sorry, I think I am explaining this incorrectly. I added a perch:content of type image. Now, when I go into that template, I can upload images, but they are not showing up on site. On my site, it's showing that it's pulling from resources, but I can't see the images that I uploaded in that folder.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

OK, but we still need to see your Diagnostics Report and a template where this is happening.

Health check

Perch is up to date
PHP 5.3.20 is very out of date.
More info
MySQL 5.1.61-log is up to date
Image processing available

Summary information

Perch: 2.8.7, PHP: 5.3.20, MySQL: 5.0.77, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.7), assets (2.8.7), categories (2.8.7), perch_upgrade (1.6)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /mnt/Target01/341004/653390/perch4.relative-marketing.com/web/content/admin
PERCH_CORE: /mnt/Target01/341004/653390/perch4.relative-marketing.com/web/content/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /mnt/Target01/341004/653390/perch4.relative-marketing.com/web/content/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 8M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 8M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: perch4.relative-marketing.com
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /mnt/Target01/341004/653390/perch4.relative-marketing.com/web/content

<!--Template-->

<ul> <li><a href="https://<perch:content id="programlink" type="text" label="Program Link" />"><perch:content type="image" id="avatar" label="Program Image"/><perch:content id="programs-list-item" type="text" label="list-item" required="true"/></a></li> </ul>

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What size are the images you're uploading?

Multiple sizes. I've tried a few different ones. What are the sizes it needs to be?

The Assets that I am uploading are not showing up in the Resources folder, which is where the site is trying to upload them from.

Thank you for your patience. I don't quite understand my own problem well enough to explain it intelligently.

I figured it out! I didn't know that I had to put an image tag around it. I'm definitely still "rookie" status!

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Great!